Lake Analyzer Web
This is the web front end to Lake Analzyer, a tool that allows users to calculate common metrics for
lake physical states.
Note: We will be ending the support of the web versions of LakeAnalyzer and HeatFluxAnalyzer on June 30th.
Only the R Version will be supported past June 30th.
Please contact Luke <firstname.lastname@example.org> with any questions.
Code and Other versions
Lake Analyzer is available in both Matlab and R versions.
Matlab code on GitHub.
R version available through CRAN.
Code on GitHub.
If used, please cite
Read JS, DP Hamilton, ID Jones, K Muraoka, LA Winslow, R Kroiss, CH Wu, E Gaiser. 2011.
Derivation of lake mixing and stratification
indices from high-resolution lake buoy data.
Environmental Modelling and Software. 26: 1325-1336.
Additional information can be found in the LakeAnalyzer Manual
Please zip up your input files and upload them to run. An input example set is provided
to help you create input of your own.
Input file format
The input files need to be in the format as described below.
- *Lake Name*.lke: Configuration file for Lake Analyzer run
- *Lake Name*.wtr: Time series of water temperature measurements
- *Lake Name*.wnd: Time series of wind speed measurements (only required for certain outputs)
- *Lake Name*.bth: Depth/area measurements of the lake (only required for certain outputs)
- *Lake Name*.sal: Time series of salinity measurements (optional)
- *Lake Name*.lvl: Time series of water level measurements (optional)
- *Lake Name*.plt: File for custom plotting options (optional)